Makes 6 servings
• Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the bell pepper over medium heat until it’s just crisp – tender, 3 minutes.
• Add the garlic and cook 1 minutes
• Remove the bell pepper and as much of the garlic as you can.
• Set aside in a small bowl.
Red Bell Pepper – seeded and cut into 2“ sticks
Garlic Clove – freshly minced
COOK OTHER VEGETABLES
• Wipe out the skillet, add ½ cup water and the asparagus, and simmer until it’s crisp- tender, about 3 minutes.
• Meanwhile cook the potates separately in boiling salted water until tender, 5 – 7 minutes.
• Drain and cool the potatoes slightly
|Asparagus – fresh, break off & discard tough part of stems, cut into 2′ pieces
Potatoes, peeled, cut into 2″ sticks
ADD DRESSING, CHILL & SERVE
• Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, salt and white pepper in a small bowl.
• Combine the potatoes, asparagus, bell pepper, and scallions in a salad bowl.
• Blend in the yogurt mixture.
• Cover and chill until needed.
•Let stand at room temperature 10 -15 minutes before serving.
|Plain Yogurt – nonfat
Pepper – freshly ground
Scallions – cut diagonally into 2″ pieces
Recipe courtesy of: Superfods For Life by Dolores Riccio