Yield: 4-6 servings
- 6 large oranges
- 1 cup of thinly sliced radishes
- 1 lb of mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup of toasted walnut halves
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 3 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. AT LEAST ONE HOUR AHEAD: Peel and section oranges. Squeeze all excess juice from the remaining membrane into the bowl. Drizzle honey and sprinkle cinnamon over the orange slices. Cover and let stand in room temperature for at least one hour.
2. Shortly before serving, toss the greens in a large bowl with the onion, radishes, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Just before serving, add the oranges with all their liquid, and toss well.
4. Serve topped with walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of: The Enchanted Broccoli Forest by Mollie Katzen