- 1 pound carrots, with the tops still on
- 2 tablespoons butter
- juice of 2 oranges
- Salt and pepper to season
- A handful of tarragon leaves
- Cut the tops off the carrots, leaving a few inches of green on for looks. Quarter the carrots lengthwise, getting a bit of green with each spear. Place in a sauté pan large enough to hold them comfortably. Add the butter and orange juice, then pour over just enough water to cover. With lid on, cook until the carrots are half done.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze. Shake the pan so the carrots are nicely coated with the glaze. Season with salt and pepper. Tear up the tarragon leaves and throw them in. Remove the carrot spears with tongs to a platter, drizzle over the liquid in the pan, and serve.
Recipe From: Laura Calder, www.foodnetwork.ca