• Makes 4 servings
• Calories: 173
• Brimming with vitamins & minerals!
1 can (398 ml)
1 1⁄4 cups
|Bananas – thickly sliced
Peach halves in natural juice
Plain low-fat acidophilus Yogurt
Fresh Mint – chopped
Orange Juice – freshly squeezed
Fresh mint to garnish (optional)
• Place the bananas, peaches and juice, yogurt, mint and honey in a food processor or blender
• Blend to a smooth purée, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice.
• Add the orange juice and blend briefly until mixed.
• Pour the smoothie into tall glasses and garnish with sprigs of mint, if desired.
STRAWBERRY & BANANA VARIATION
|220 g||Replace Peaches with Strawberries|
• Reserve 4 strawberries
• Blend the remainder with the bananas and yogurt (there is no need to add honey or mint).
• Mix in apple juice in place of the orange juice.
• Stir in the grated rind and juice of 1 lime.
• Pour into glasses
• Decorate each glass with a reserved strawberry skewered on a cocktail stick, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of: www.besthealthmag.ca/eat-well