• Serves 3-4
|3 – 4 lrg|
Orange juice – fresh
Margarine or butter
• Peel and cup up yams into bite size pieces and partly cook by boiling with some salt.
• Drain and place in a casserole dish.
• Put orange juice and brown sugar, grated orange zest, salt, ginger, and butter and bring to a boil.
• Mix 3 Tablespoons of water with 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch.
• Add the orange juice and corn starch mixture to the boiling mixture and then pour over the yams covering each yam with sauce.
• Put in the oven at 350 to finish cooking the yams for about 1 hour.
Recipe courtesy of: Kay North