- 1/2 cup pecan, halves
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 raw beet, peeled, coarsely, grated
- 1 Gala apple, (or any other hard apple), peeled, cored, grated
- 1 fennel, bulb, trimmed, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, stem removed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces stilton or goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour maple syrup into a small bowl. Toss nuts in syrup, remove with a slotted spoon, and bake on aluminum foil or a cookie sheet for approximately 10 minutes, or until nuts are roasted and syrup solidifies around nuts.
- In a large bowl, add beet, apple, fennel, mint, salt and pepper. Toss. Add oil and vinegar, stilton and nuts. Toss and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of: Bob Blumer www.foodnetwork.ca