Makes 4 servings
• Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper in a salad bowl.
• Stir in the capers and dill.
|Yogurt – nonfat
Capers – drained
Dill – chopped fresh (or ½ tsp dried)
COOK & COMBINE
• Cook and drain the pasta; rinse until cool. Stir into the dressing.
• Cook the peas in water to cover in a small saucepan until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes
• Drain, cool and stir into the pasta mixture..
• Boil eggs & cool. Peel off shells & slice. Regrigerate until ready to use for garnish.
1 ½ cup
|Pasta shells, small
Green Peas, fresh shelled or frozen
Eggs – optional garnish
COMBINE, CHILL & SERVE
• Drain the salmon and break it into small chunks.
• Stir the salmon, celery and red onion into the salad, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
• Arrange butter lettuce on 4 plates and divide the pasta salad among them.
• If desired, garnish with slices of hard-cooked egg.
|Salmon – canned or freshly baked
Celery – inner stalks
Red Onion – finely chopped
Recipe courtesy of: Superfods For Life by Dolores Riccio