Yield: 4 Servings
- 6 medium beets, washed and trimmed
- 4 leeks, whites only, cut in half length wise and rinsed
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup whole pecans, toasted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 cup pumpkinseed oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1. Fill a medium saucepan with water, add beets and bring to a boil. Cook until tender. Remove from heat and drain. Rinse with cold water and let stand, changing the water frequently. Then beets are cool enough to handle, slip skins of and trim stem ends. Cut into quarters or slice. Set aside.
2. Cut leek halves into quarters and place in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and cook until soft, about five minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Set aside
3. Divide salad greens among four plates. Arrange cooked beets, leeks and goat cheese equally among the plates.
4. Garnish with toasted pecans.
5. Dust each plate with sea salt, black pepper and oregano.
6. Drizzle vinaigrette over each salad. Serve immediately
Recipe courtesy of: The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno