Makes 8 servings
ROAST PEARS 2 DAYS AHEAD!
• Cover & refrigerate pears & vinaigrette separately for up to 2 days.
• Let pears come to room temperature to serve.
• They are so good…and a great conversational piece when entertaining.
• Peel & halve pears; core, if desired. Place, cut side up, in 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish.
• In small bowl, whisk together coconut butter, sugar & lemon juice; brush all over pears.
• Roast in 4250F oven, basting once, until caramelized and tender – approx. 40 minutes.
• Let cool in pan. Transfer 1 tsp of the pan juices to small glass measure for vinaigrette.
|Pears – ripe
Coconut Oil – melted
Brown Sugar – organic
• Add vinegar, oil, shallots, salt & pepper to reserved pan juices in glass measure.
|Pear or Cider Vinegar
Shallots – minced
• In large bowl, toss together salad greens, radicchio & vinaigrette; divide among plates.
• Slice pear halves into quarters if desired; adorn salads. Sprinkle with almonds.
|Mixed Salad Greens – torn
Radicchio or Butter Lettuce – torn
Almonds – roasted, coarsely chopped
Recipe courtesy of: The Canadian Living Test Kitchen