• Makes: 1-1/2 cups (375 mL)
• Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 4 days.
|Fresh or thawed raspberries (425 G) – keep any syrup
Sugar of choice
Cornstarch (up to 4 tsp)
Lemon, Lime or Orange Juice
• After cleaning the raspberries properly, place them in a bowl and purée by crushing with a fork.
• Place puréed raspberries into a sieve over a clean bowl and use the back of a spoon to force the berries ..through the sieve into the bowl.
• Measure syrup. Add water to make liquid measure 1 1/4 cups. Pour into saucepan.
• Combine sugar & corn starch.
• Stir into raspberries. Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils & thickens.
• Sweeten raspberries to desired taste.
• If desired, add a little lemon or orange juice to the coulis to enhance its colour.
Recipe courtesy of: www.canadianliving.com/food