• Makes 1 loaf – aprox. 16 servings
• Preheat the oven to to 350º F. Grease a nonstick 9×5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
1 cup +
2 1/2 tsp
|Pumpkin – NOTE: Fresh has more nutritional value than canned.|
Granulated sugar, divided
plus Granulated sugar, divided
Brown Sugar – f irmly packed
Egg whites – divided
Pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Spread – softened
MIXTURE # 1
• Mix pumpkin, 1 cup granulated sugar, all brown sugar, 3 of 4 egg whites, milk and oil in large bowl.
• Add flour, baking powder, pie spice and salt; stir just until moistened. Set aside.
MIXTURE # 2
• Beat cream cheese spread, remaining 2 Tbsp granulated sugar and the remaining egg white with wire whisk ..until well blended.
ASSEMBLE & BAKE
• Spoon half of the pumpkin batter into prepared pan; spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter. Cover ..with remaining pumpkin batter.
• Bake 1 hour & 5 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Run knife or thin spatula ..around edges of pan to loosen bread.
• Cool in pan on wire rack 10 min. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
• Wrap cooled bread in foil or plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.kraftcanada.com