• Makes 10 servings (One 4 oz. cake-filled ramekin per serving)
• Make up to 2 days ahead prior to baking.
SIFT TOGETHER DRY INGREDIENTS
• Sift together in medium-sized bowl.
1 1/2 tsp
All-purpose Flour (less than 3/4 cup)
Instant Espresso Coffee Powder
COMBINE & REGRIGERATE FOR UP TO 2 DAYS
• Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 1 minute.
• Add granulated and brown sugars, beating until well blended (about 5 minutes).
• Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until well blended.
• Fold dry ingredients into sugar mixture; fold in chocolate.
• Divide batter evenly among 10 (4 oz..) ramekins
OPTIONAL RASPBERRY FILLING:
• Divide chocolate batter in half – filling all 10 ramekins evenly.
• Place 1 tsp of raspberry filling in each ramekin.
• Use remaining half of chocolate batter to complete each ramekin (filling 3/4 of each ramekin)
• Arrange ramekins on a jelly-roll pan.
• Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/2 bars2 Tbsp
|Unsalted Butter – softened|
Packed Brown Sugar
Dark Chocolate – coarsely chopped, approx. 4 oz.
(RALPH’S carries Green & Black’s Organic – Dark 70%; Cote d’Or’s – Experiences Noir 70% Cacao; Ritter Sport – Fine Extra Dark Chocolate 71% Cocoa)
Powdered Icing Sugar
BAKE WHILE EATING DINNER!
• Preheat oven to 350ºF.
• Let ramekins stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Uncover and bake at 350º F for 21-25 minutes or until cakes are puffy and slightly crusty on top.
• Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar; serve immediately.
|16 oz||Raspberries (1 cup juice) – fresh or frozen|
• In a saucepan, heat berries until just warm and juice is released.
• If using fresh berries, add 1/4 cup water.
• Force the mixture through a sieve or juicer.
• Discard solids. Return juice to saucepan.
Orange Juice – freshly squeezed
• Add sugar to taste.
• Cook over medium high heat until liquid is reduced to half (approx. 10 minutes).
• Remove from heat, add & combine remaining ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of: www.cookinglight.com