• Makes 4 – 6 servings
• A tasty way to eat healthy!
|1 tbsp||Olive oil||1 med||Sweet onion – chopped|
|28 oz||Tomatoes – ground peeled||5 cups||Veg. or chicken stock|
|To taste||Salt||To taste||Black pepper – freshly ground|
|½ cup||Basil – fresh, loosely packed, thinly sliced|
• Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat
• Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 10 min
• Add the tomatoes & the stock
• Bring to a boil and then simmer
• Cook until soup is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes
• Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the basil
• Place the pot of soup directly in sink. Puree with hand-held blender
• Serve immediately.