Makes 6 servings
• Combine the chicken, stock, carrots, onion, and herbs in a large pot.
• Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer over low heat 10 – 15 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through.
• Remove and chill the chicken.
• Save the broth for soup.
|1 ½ lb|
|Chicken Breast – skinless|
Carrot – sliced
Onion – chopped
• Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt and white pepper to taste in a large bowl.
Yogurt – nonfat
• Stir in the apples, celery and cranberries.
• Dice the chicken and stir it into the dressing.
• Cover and chill.
|granny smith Apples – peeled, cored and diced|
celery – finely chopped
Dried Cranberries – plumped in hot water and drained
• When ready to serve, stir in the nuts and parsley.
• Add more yogurt, it desired.
• Mound the salad in the center of a platter and garnish with the watercress and cherry tomatoes.
|Pine Nuts – lightly toasted|
Parsley – freshly minced
Watercress – rinsed and tough stems removed
Recipe courtesy of: Superfods For Life by Dolores Riccio