Makes 4 servings
Ginger – finely minced
Hot Pepper Sauce
• Whisk together the canola oil, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce sugar, ginger and hot pepper sauce until the sugar is dissolved.
|Green Beans (tender young) – cut diagonally into 2″ lengths|
Asian-style Noodles or Vermicelli
Scallions – cut diagonally into 1″ pieces
Fennel or Celery – thinly sliced
Sesame seeds – lightly toasted
• Steam the green beans until tender, about 5 min.
• Quickly rinse in cold water to maintain the lush green colour.
• Bring the water back to a rapid boil and cook the noodles until tender but not mushy, according to package ..directions. If there are no directions, start testing after 2 minutes. Drain and rinse the noodles in cold water.
• Toss the noodles with the dressing in a large salad bowl.
• Add the green beans, scallions, and fennel and toss again.
• Sprinkle with sesame seeds.