Pureed winter squash make great soups! It can, also, be added to stews, curries, casseroles, & other hearty dishes. For variety, mix with other vegetables to replace sweet potatoes in most recipes. Your family’s favourite desserts – like pies, muffins, cakes & puddings – can all be include this wonderful vegetable.
- Easily substitutes for pumpkin & sweet potatoes in most recipes.
- Regardless of appearance, all baked varieities taste sweet and nutty.
- Presents well as individual stuffed shells.
- Baking and steaming are great ways to prepare this delightfully fruity and buttery tasting squash.
- Steaming results in a slightly sweeter, yet mild flavour.
- Due to whopping size, we have them available cut into pieces on our veggie wall.
- Contains a rich, very sweet orange flesh with a fine-grained, creamy texture and dense consistency.
- Can be baked, mashed, pureed, steamed, simmered or stuffed.
- Very versatile, simply boiled or baked or in soups, souffles, pies and breads.
- Pan-fry slices or add cubed pieces to casseroles or even rissoto.
- Tastes similar to sweet potatoes with a sweet, nutty flavour. Spaghetti Squash
- This Summer Squash may be stored in a cool, dry place for just over a month.
- Steaming, baking or boiling transforms its contents into translucent strands, similar to spaghetti – the larger the squash, the thicker the strands.
- It’s taste has a crunchy slightly sweet mild flavour.
- Enhance with other ingredients and sauces to create a delicious vegetable dish: serve like spaghetti or substitute for pasta in casseroles and soups.