Share on Facebook or email to a friend
Follow Jenny for a tour sharing some of our current Fall selections at Ralph’s Farm Market in Langley!
From carving pumpkins, Okanagan apples & pears, local fall vegetables, the start of citrus season, jam grapes, frozen appetizers, fresh Meridian Meat, Stapleton Sausage, beautiful fall flower bouquets, freshly baked pies, handcrafted sandwiches, hot chocolate to cozy teas and much more!!
We are located at 22728 Fraser Highway in Langley, open 7 days a week 8am – 8pm. See you soon and thanks for watching!
from the bouquet farm
Who has been loving the beautiful local Fall Bouquets at our market?
These flowers come fresh from a flower farm in Yarrow, B.C. Thank you to the Bouquet Farm for connecting us to such beauty!
customer recipe: Creamy Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 pound local potatoes, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream or coconut cream
- Potato topper for garnish
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until soft and wilted, about 10 minutes. Adjust the heat as necessary so as not to brown. Add the potatoes, broth, thyme, salt and pepper to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very soft.
Fish out the thyme sprig and purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth. Alternatively, use a standard blender to purée the soup in batches, just be careful, its hot! Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. If soup is too thin, simmer until thickened. If it’s too thick, add water or stock to thin it out. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
Thank you Christine Brightman for sharing your recipe!
made right here at our market
Every morning our team bakes fresh bread, buns, muffins, cookies and more. For our made in house sandwiches, we start with our customer favourite, cheese buns to hand craft a variety of delicious sandwiches.
They’re perfect on the-go!
Recipe made Easy with Duso’s Fresh Pasta
Duso’s Fresh Pasta & Sauces are on special this week. Enjoy this recipe featuring Butternut Squash Agnolotti with Brown Butter & Sage
This unique & colourful pasta dish is gorgeous to serve as a meal or a side with poultry. And, it is super easy, just follow these 3 easy steps.
1. Cook ½ cup of salted butter over medium heat until melted then continue cooking for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter begins to brown. Add sage and mix together. Set aside.
2. Cook Duso’s Butternut Squash Pasta according to instructions on back label.
3. Put butter sauce back on stove at medium heat for 30 seconds. Add cooked pasta and toss gently to coat pasta with brown butter. Plate and serve immediately.
it’s pumpkin season
We have big beautiful carving pumpkins at our market. These pumpkins are perfect for carving with the family and roasting the seeds as a healthy snack for later!
local produce Update
Okanagan Ambrosia Apples
Okanagan Spartan Apples
Okanagan Gala Apples
Okanagan Golden Delicious
Okanagan Grannysmith Apples
Okanagan Orin Apples
Okanagan McIntosh Apples
Okanagan Honeycrisp Apples
Okanagan Bartlett Pears
Okanagan Harrowcrisp Pears
Okanagan Abate Fetal Pears
Traditional Carving Pumpkins
Uchiki Red Kuri
Okanagan Pure Cherry Juice
Okanagan Pure Apple Juice Cider
Red Russian Garlic
Red and Yellow Potatoes