• Makes 9 servings
Cornstarch – to help thicken the juices
Lemon – freshly squeezed juices
• Fill baking dish with berry mixture.
• Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper (to ease cleaning & catch any drips).
CREAM BISCUIT DOUGH
• Mix the following ingredients together:
|1 1/4 cup
Baking Powder (fresh)
• Use pastry cutter to create rough pea-sized dough:
|6 Tbsp||Butter – unsalted|
• Stir in – keeping it nice & wet with lumps :
|3/4 cup||Cream, Half ‘n Half, or Buttermilk (add 2 tsp baking soda to counteract the acid of buttermilk)|
FORM COBBLESTONES ~ palm-sized rectangles to make 9 servings
• Brush tops of biscuits with any of the dairy suggestions noted above.
• Generously sprinkle with sugar.
BAKE~ 400º F for approx. 40 minutes, when juices are bubbly.
• Cool & eat with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy of: www.marthastewart.com