• Makes 4 servings
• Calories: 54
• Ideal nourishment for the start of your family’s day!
|strawberries – ripe, hulled
Orange – grated rind and juice of
Plain Yogurt – low-fat
• Place the strawberries in a food processor or blender and add the grated orange rind, orange juice and yogurt. Blend to a smooth purée, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice during blending.
• For a really smooth consistency, press through a nylon sieve to remove the strawberry pips.
• Pour into glasses and garnish with strawberries, if desired.
• 1 slice of fresh Mango to the smoothie. This will add natural sweetness.
• 1 cup fresh Pineapple, cubed (250 ml.)
• 1 medium, ripe Banana, sliced 1 cup
• Substitute Strawberry Yogurt (250 ml) for Plain
• 2 tbsp Honey (30 ml)
• 2 cups ice (500 ml)
• Pineapple, for garnish
Preparation time 5 mins
Recipe courtesy of: Cook Smart for a Healthy Heart, Reader’s Digest AND http://www.foodtv.ca