• Makes a large batch – just under 16 quarts
• This makes a nice hot salsa.
• To reduce the heat, exchange some or all of the hot peppers with sweet, use paprika and omit or reduce the pepper flakes.
12 cups (6-8)
6 cups (6-8)
3 cups (1lb)
3 1/2 cups
herbs – fresh: oregano, parsley, basil, etc.
Wine or apple cider vinegar
Coriander or cumin
Paprika or cayenne*
Starch…mixed with 1 cup vinegar
• Chop veggies (by hand or with a food processor)
• Mix everything together in a very large (16 quart) stock pot. Cut the recipe in half if you do not have a pan this large.
• Bring to boil and simmer 1/2 – 1 hour.
• Process pints 20 minutes and quarts 25 minutes in boiling water canner.
Recipe courtesy of: adapted by Ralph’s customer, Langley, BC